Based on the market need for profiled sheeting, its types vary:
– roofing and facade.
– Asymmetrical, symmetrical.
According to the shape of the section:
– trapezoidal, wavy.
– with polyester / mat-polyester, with protective paint, galvanized / alumina-zinced.
The profiled sheeting is used as a fencing structure in commercial and industrial construction. The scope of use of the profiled sheeting includes roofing, wall panels, suspended ceilings, finishing of arched surfaces and partitions, vertical and horizontal wall covering, enclosing structures and fences.
For polyester / mat-polyester coating of galvanized / galvanized steel sheets:
Polyester is one of the most popular coatings. This budget covering of 25 microns thick can be used in many climatic zones; it has a small degree of “burnout” of color and a good degree of resistance to corrosive processes.
Matt polyester in its characteristics is similar to its glossy analog. The undoubted advantage of this coating is the “velvet” surface, due to which the roof with such coating does not glare and is more tolerant to mechanical damages.
Profiled sheeting is a universal facing material, which is used both for walls and fences, and for roofs.
Installation of the roofing profiled sheeting made on a disjointed or integral lathing. To prevent critical deflection of the profiled sheet, it is necessary to withstand the calculated step of the purlins during the direct installation. The lathing can be: a galvanized metal profile, a wooden beam, a board that is fastened from the ledge to the ridge. Correct installation of purlins of lathing is a guarantee to the durability of your roof. Before installing the lathing it is recommended to lay the vapor barrier under the rafters.
Profiled roofing is recommended to be laid on the roof with a slope of at least 14 °. With roof slopes from 14 to 20 °, a wooden lathing should be used.
General recommendations for installation:
– profiled sheeting is always attached at the point of contact between the sheet and the lathing. This prevents unwanted deformation.
– to the starting element of the lathing, the “first” sheets are attached to each corrugation in order to withstand winding off the sheet.
– from the side of the wind bar, the profiled sheet is attached to each wave.
– the entire sheet should be pressed against each beam of the lathing, fastening in every second crate – through the corrugation.
In the table below, the minimum permissible cross-sectional dimensions of the purlins are given for a given step of the lathing and rafters. Under the ice rakes and in the expected places of snow formation, the step should be reduced.